The Mackinaw coat is often called the Jeep coat as it was a popular item worn by Officers and drivers of jeeps, due to its extra warmth over the M41 jacket.
The jeep coat is longer than the M41 and Tankers jackets which are waist length jackets, the Jeep coat covers your bum and goes down to about mid thigh length.
The cotton outer is a nice dark khaki/tan colour with a brown wool mix liner.
The Officers mackinaw (Jeep coat) is also very popular for a fashionable retro 40's vintage wear, this looks great with a pair of 1940's denim deck jeans.
The Jeep coat features:
- Double breasted front closure.
- Large oversized buttons on the front.
- Cotton outer.
- Lined with a blanket type material which is a wool mix, to give that 1940's look.
- High collar so it can be pulled up around the neck and face when its really cold.
- Collar is blanket lined for extra warmth.
- Wide waist belt with metal buckle.
- Wrap over design which is fastened with large buttons.
- Longer than the M41 jacket and tankers jacket.
- Two lower hand pockets.
- Strap adjuster on the wrists with two buttons so the tightness can be adjusted.
- Replica military wartime label.
- Made by Kay Canvas.
Sizes: 38 to 50 inch Chest
The sizes are sized as if you are wearing a shirt underneath, if you plan to wear more than a shirt, like a jumper underneath the Jeep coat you will need to order one size larger than you would normally wear.